* Brushes: I like these Da Vinci Brushes. look for the Maestro 2 Series 5023 #10 #6.
I also like the brushes by Rosemary & Co, the Bristle Brushes Flat Long Classic #10 #12
**Pintura Panels are hard to find on Amazon, you can look for the Gessobords by Ampersand instead. Recommended size for landscapes: 9x12", for still-lifes you can also go smaller, 8x10".
Disclaimer: these are affiliate links to products on Amazon.
When you purchase through a link here I'll get a commission.
Shopping in Holland? Go here
It will take time before you've collected all of the gear and materials that really suit You. So, although I can share with you my systems and the things I find important in painting, the tools I use, you can investigate various tools, options and ways that really suit you and your art. You've asked me about my materials, so here this overview is!
We’ll copy 3 paintings of mine • so you’ll know how the parts are built
• how values of the background & foreground help in making the figures come to life! • All about color, brush & knife, atmosphere, details, abstraction - to create a seascape in 1 session, 'alla prima'.
• There are a couple of paintings, all different, and I will make it very easy for you to get a similar result. (With clear prep. and steps to follow during our paint-along.)
• You’ll get feedback on your process, help and tips during these online Paint Alongs. It's also good to meet other painters online, have fun painting together.
• Of course, the demo recording is included and available for you afterward too.
This (first!) episode of 'Scenes behind the paintings' was long due, I have been filming these for a long time! Now that this first one is finally published more will follow.
'A Sunset Moment' is about how we'll just need to dive in and within this moment of 'sheer haste', there will be chaos. Push through and get something on canvas. That should be the mission, nothing else. Then, the next day, do it again.
Wishing you well, wherever you are, keep painting.
Here's Vlog #2 about painting a dark moment, half in rain, and painting that hyper sunlit boat in the midst of all these wonderful dark grey colors.
It can be good to experiment painting in all darks or all lights.
Of course, do it outdoors! I think outdoor painting is easier.
And there is so much to paint being in nature.
Thanks for watching!
Will have another one every other Sunday.
Nederlanders kunnen •de ezel hier vinden of hier. •De verf: Rembrandt, van Gogh, Winton: in iedere goede schildermaterialen winkel te vinden of online, zie de nummers onder de tubes. •Kwasten: zoek de Da Vinci Maestro 2 series 5023, het beste is deze in een winkel uit te zoeken, welke maten bij jou passen, bijv. nummer 10, 6 en een aantal meer. Een •paletmes wat ik vaak gebruik is die van Liquitex 'freestyle', zoek voor #5, of vindt bijv. een RGM paletmes #13.